Terms and conditions
Thank you for choosing Muskoka Pest Control!
By agreeing to service you must agree to our Terms and Conditions
It is our hope to provide you with the best service and results possible. Please review the following information regarding your upcoming service. This is general information only. There may be additional specific instructions regarding your service given to you at the time of booking or by the technician during or after your service. Please note the terms and conditions for Wildlife Control services can be found here www.muskokawildlifecontrol.com/legal
Muskoka Pest Control Inc. uses an electronic system for reporting and invoicing. All correspondence including invoices, reports, receipts and service information will be sent automatically via email to the email address we have been given on file.
Please add the domain MuskokaPestControl.com to your safe senders list so you will receive your information correctly and our emails do not get blocked or end up in your spam folder.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions or concerns.
Some situations require extraordinary measures. It is always possible to find/discover addition problems and challenges that were not readily apparent during the initial consultation and after the work has commenced.
Additional charges may apply beyond the scope of normal treatment. We will discuss any additional work/measures and the fees that may apply prior to commencement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXTERIOR TREATMENTS MAY RESULT IN OVERSPRAY ON WINDOWS. We cannot prevent this. If you are planning to have your windows cleaned please schedule it for after the treatment. Do not have your windows cleaned prior to service.
- You are required to vacate the premises during and for a minimum of (4) four hours after treatment unless otherwise instructed
- The technician(s) will investigate the problem based on the information/detail you have provided us. If there is any specific information that can assist us please tell the technician(s)
- There are a number of treatment options available to the technicians. They will choose the type of treatment best for you and your property.
- Drilling and/or other methods may be used to treat wall voids and other areas where ants may be behind walls/ceilings. When scheduling the service, you authorize Muskoka Pest Control to perform such treatments. Muskoka Pest Control is NOT liable for damage caused by the treatment or Pest damage
- Results can vary. The products we use take time to work. Depending on the treatment methods, it is normal to see ants and evidence after the treatment.
- There are variables we cannot control, such as weather, temperature, moisture/humidity and other structural factors and deficiencies. These can affect treatment results year to year
- Pest control is a partnership between us and the customer. Please follow any recommendations we give you. They are designed to help reduce/eliminate/prevent pest problems. Not following recommendations can reduce the efficacy of your results
It is normal to see ants and other pests around the exterior of your property. This is their natural habitat. Should an Ant/Pest issue or concern arise, please contact us to discuss your specific situation
- A valid credit card must be on file before your service will be performed
- Customers with large or multiple services may be billed in installments with a minimum 50% prior to commencement of work
- There is $125.00 fee for NSF payments
- Your credit card will be charged if payment by cheque or Etransfer is not received within 30 days
- Interest on overdue accounts are charged at 2% per month
- Please use your customer number on all correspondence
- For Online Payment and Account Management please visit our Customer Account Access Ask us to enable access for you today!
We do our best to accommodate customer scheduling requests however geography and travel time make it extremely difficult to last minute reschedule/cancel. We require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to reschedule or cancel a confirmed appointment. Due to variable conditions such as traffic density, deviation from time estimates of prior service appointments, special equipment requirements etc… Muskoka Pest Control does not guarantee strict adherence to scheduled appointment times and reserves the right to re-schedule appointments. Our wildlife technician will contact you directly to schedule an appointment and discuss the particulars of your wildlife issue. Please provide him with as much info as possible.
We respectfully ask that you be READY and PREPARED for the service when the technician(s) arrive (if required). If you have been requested to vacate the premises during the treatment, please be ready to do so when the technician arrives. The technician(s) will NOT wait if you are not ready and prepared.
A $95.00 cancellation fee will be charged for missed/last minute cancelled/no show appointments.
Some treatments types may NOT be suitable in your specific situation or in every area. The technician may alter the treatment protocol if it is deemed necessary. We follow Ministry guidelines for trapping and relocation. Ask your technician should you have any concerns. He will provide you information based on your situation. Our technicians will not treat areas or perform services that are deemed unsafe or contrary to label instructions or Ministry guidelines.
All areas to be treated must be safely accessible.
Roads must be accessible and plowed/sanded in the winter. For more information about pesticide safety https://www.muskokapestcontrol.com/pesticide-safety/
There are many reasons a pest problem can recur. Should you have any recurrence please contact us for a follow-up. Each situation is different. Please contact us at any time to discuss your specific situation should you have a recurrence.
We are committed to providing the best service possible and should a pest problem recur, we will return at no charge to remedy the situation. Follow-up services are done at the discretion of Muskoka Pest Control Inc.
Customer’s acceptance of the terms and conditions set out herein and agreement to pay the applicable service charges shall be deemed to be given by any of the following occurrences:
- Customer’s verbal agreement when making an appointment for service;
- Customer’s verbal permission to enter onto the customer’s premises and proceed with inspection;
- Customer’s signature on inspection report (on work order);
- Customer’s payment of invoice amount by any method whatsoever.
Items at Customer Premises
Items left at customer premises remain the property of Muskoka Pest Control Inc.
One-way doors installed by Muskoka Pest Control Inc. remain the property of Muskoka Pest Control Inc. and the customer is deemed to permit Muskoka Pest Control Inc. personnel to enter onto the subject property at any time within our business hours without notice to the subject to retrieve any one-way doors installed; subject to the resulting opening being screened over permanently at no additional cost. If a one-way door is removed by the customer or by third parties, a charge of $375.00 plus H.S.T. per one-way door will apply. Wildlife live traps installed or delivered by Muskoka Pest Control Inc. remain the property of Muskoka Pest Control Inc. and the customer is deemed to permit Muskoka Pest Control Inc. personnel to enter onto the subject property to retrieve any traps, within the seven day agreement whether or not wildlife has been successfully trapped. In the event a live trap is removed by the customer or by third parties, or otherwise cannot be located, a charge of $375.00 plus H.S.T. per trap will apply.
Guarantee and Warranty
- Unless specified otherwise, Warranty is limited to 30 days. Warranty has no monetary value.
- Warranty is for additional service only. Should a pest problem recur, we will return under warranty at no charge to retreat the problem area
- There are NO REFUNDS on services provided or unused portions of warranty
- Warranty is non-transferable between people or property
Muskoka Pest Control Inc or Muskoka Wildlife Control, its subcontractors and employees are NOT responsible or liable for Damage caused by Pests or Wildlife or the treatment process at any time during or after the service period.
This guarantee applies to work done and materials supplied ONLY. Muskoka Pest Control’s guarantee does not cover additional holes or other damages caused by displaced pests or wildlife. Additional charges may apply to additional or extra work, whether this was present at the time of the initial service appointment or results from damage caused subsequently by the displaced wildlife or otherwise.
Implied Term as to Time
One-way doors installed by Muskoka Pest Control will be retrieved by Muskoka Pest Control after a period of not less than five days (unless otherwise determined by the technician) and replaced by permanent animal-proof screening. Live traps delivered or installed by Muskoka Pest Control will be serviced (i.e. trapped wildlife removed) for a period of one week only. Full payment is required regardless if the animal was trapped or not. This service period may be extended upon request by the customer whereby an additional service fee is paid in advance.
Limitation to Scope of Service
Muskoka Pest Control is not responsible for any damages to the structure or anywhere pests or wildlife may enter whether damage was caused by displaced wildlife or by Muskoka Pest Control technicians in the scope of their wildlife removal or pest control activities. When inspecting or searching the attic space or other unfinished confined space(s) on the customer’s premises, Muskoka Pest Control does not accept responsibility for ceiling damage.
Limitation of Liability
Muskoka Pest Control offers humane wildlife removal services and Pest Control only. Muskoka Pest Control Inc., its employees or subcontractors shall not be liable under any circumstances for any special, consequential, incidental or exemplary damages arising out of, or in any way connected with our services provided, including but not limited to damages for lost profit, lost opportunity, lost time, loss of use, loss of data or for any damages of sums paid to third parties. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply whether a claim is founded in contract, breach of warranty, negligence or any other tort, breach of statutory duty, principles of indemnity or contribution.